Klein Tools 1656 Series Chicago Grips have a round, smooth inside jaw contour making it perfect for work with stranded copper cables. These smooth jaws grip with maximum contact and are less likely to cause cable deformation. This grip also has a hot-line latch designed for placing a grip on a cable with a hot-line stick. The three notches in the hot-line latch adjust the balance of the grip to better match the direction of the cable sag. Grips are rigorously tested and pulled to rated load to ensure the highest quality and reliability.
- Hot-line grips for both bare and insulated conductors
- Grip may be placed on wire with hot-line stick
- When stick is removed, latch closes automatically to guard against grip accidentally disengaging from wire
- Standard hot-line grips are not supplied with springs or lock-open features
- Made in USA
- When springs or lock-open features are desired, add prefix letter S before catalog number (example: S1684-5H)
- Chicago Grip w/Latch for 0.2 in. – 0.4 in. Bare Conductors- 1656-20H
There are no reviews yet.